Dr Shaun Martin joined the practice in 1994 and since then has always worked full time in the rooms. Recently however, with him having initiated some new endeavors, he is finding himself stretched a little. Add to that some serious road works and the unpredictability this brings, and his day has become extremely pressurized.
Currently he works at the rooms in Waterfall, runs the Hillcrest Surgical Unit in Nqutu Road where he gives anesthetics for the patients having procedures like gastroscopies done, works at Cresthill Manor Rehabilitation Centre and provides cover in the Hillcrest Surgical Unit after hours till 20h00 in the evening as part of the roster.
After some thought, he decided to step down as a director of Drs Duffey Martin Darby, which then allows him to work as an independent contractor. He will then continue to work in our rooms, and all other areas he currently does, as well as putting in some time at Medicross Hillcrest which is on the same premises as the Hillcrest Surgical Unit, thereby negating the drive back to Waterfall.
The new arrangements will come into full effect from the 1st September 2013, when his hours in the rooms will be finalized. In the interim, Shaun will be available to be seen on:
- Tuesdays from 10h30-12h00 at Le Domaine Frail Care Unit.
- Tuesdays from 12h00-18h00 at the Link Hills Medical Centre.
- Thursdays from 10h30-12h30 at Waterfall Gardens PCC.
- Thursdays 12h30-18h00 at the Link Hills Medical Centre.
- Every fourth Saturday morning from 08h00 to 13h00 starting on the 24th August, 21st September etc.
We wish him well in all these endeavors!